The Library provides a welcoming, quiet and safe area for students to study and learn independently.
It provides study facilities and access to a wide range of information resources:
- Over 18,000 books and 3,000 e-books
- 53 print journals and access to many e-journals
- Online databases
- Daily and weekly newspapers
- Computers, which are freely available on a drop-in basis
- Jane Austen
- Fantasy fiction
We run reading groups in conjunction with the English department to enable students to widen their reading.
The Library is available to all students and staff at the college, you will need to have your QMC college card to borrow any resources.
Opening Hours (Term time)
During busy exam periods the Library will operate extended opening times for your convenience. The standard opening hours are as follow
|Monday||08:30 – 17:00|
|Tuesday||08:30 – 17:00|
|Wednesday||08:30 – 17:00|
|Thursday||08:30 – 17:00|
|Friday||08:30 - 16:20|
Please note that opening hours vary during College holidays and please be aware that these times are subject to change so please contact the Library before travelling in to College.
Tel: 01256 418306
The College IT facilities include:
- Several large computer open access suites
- Student independent study areas
- Wireless network access
- Industry standard hardware and software
- Specialised departmental facilities
- Participant of LeNSE Internet consortium 100Mb link to the JANET network
During College hours the IT Support Team are available to offer advice and assistance with any IT queries or problems that you might have.