Queen Mary’s College is an inclusive, vibrant and high achieving sixth form college for students over 16 years old.
Situated in thirty acres of leafy grounds in Basingstoke, Hampshire, the College is open to everyone who wants to be here: young people of all levels of ability, with all kinds of talents, backgrounds, interests and ambitions. The College is committed to and values equalities, diversity and inclusion. Whatever your achievements so far and whatever your hopes for the future, you are welcome at Queen Mary’s College. The College has a fantastic reputation both locally and nationally, which was reiterated by Ofsted’s report, following their latest inspection in 2016. The publication of the National School and College Performance Tables not only identifies Queen Mary’s College as one of the best in the region, but it also places the College in the top 5% of all A- level providers across the country.
The College has fantastic facilities including the Spectrum building with its first rate science facilities, the new Butler building, a state of the arts Sports Centre and Central Studio theatre which are professional facilities open to members of the public.
Whether you would like to find out more about becoming a student, join the Sports Centre, book tickets for a show at Central Studio or enquire about facility hire then we welcome you to get in touch, or come and have a look around. You can also become a Friend of QMC which confers substantial benefits when using our first-rate facilities and booking shows.
Our Mission is: to invest in individuals to build better futures.
Our Values are:
- To Excel in everything we do.
- To be Inclusive in our approach to student recruitment, teaching, learning and support.
- To Innovate and Inspire in curriculum delivery and design: our best keeps getting better.
- To Respond to the needs of every learner regardless of their starting points; we will empower them with the skills, knowledge and resilience necessary for success.
- To Enable every member of the college community to achieve the extraordinary.
Our Strategic Aims & Objectives are:
- Quality & Standards: To ensure that every learner aspires to and achieves the highest possible qualification grades, irrespective of their academic starting points.
- Teaching, Learning & Curriculum: To provide a coherent and responsive curriculum that successfully meets the needs and interests of all learners.
- Financial Sustainability & Resource Management: To deliver the best possible learning environment through a staffing and resource infrastructure of the highest calibre, whilst sustaining the financial stability of the college.
- Reputation & Relationships: To ensure that Queen Mary’s is acknowledged as the sixth form college of choice by students, parents and all other key stakeholders, and continues to make an outstanding contribution to the wider community through its partnership work.
- Leadership & Governance: To use strategic leadership and governance to bring about sustainable growth, financial security and outstanding achievements and outcomes for all learners.