The College subsidises a bus pass that can be used on any Stagecoach service. The bus pass is a Unirider pass that is for the use of Queen Mary’s College students. It will either cover Zone 1 (local Basingstoke area) or Zone 2 (outside Basingstoke area). You must apply for the zone appropriate to your address and this will be checked. The bus pass has the advantage that it can also be used in the evenings and at weekends, without additional payments, for travel within your area.
Prices for September 2019 to August 2020 are as follows:
|Term||Pass Dates||Zone 1||Zone 2|
|Annual||01.09.2019 - 31.08.2020||£ 413||£ 670|
|Autumn term||10.09.2019 - 06.01.2020||£ 167||£ 280|
|Spring term||07.01.2020 - 09.04.2020||£ 167||£ 280|
|Summer term||20.04.2020- 09.07.2020||£ 105||£ 200|
- The rates are fixed for the academic year and not subject to any price changes provided that tickets are purchased through the College.
- Autumn term tickets will include the Christmas holiday and spring term tickets will include the Easter holiday.
- Annual tickets will include all holidays, including the summer holiday.
- Tickets will be valid for travel at any time during their currency, i.e. not just on College days and during College hours, but also during evenings, weekends and half terms, etc.
- No ticket will run beyond the end of the summer holiday.
- Student rate tickets will be available to any full time student aged 16+.
In planning which bus pass is most appropriate to you, bear in mind that neither Stagecoach nor Queen Mary’s College will make refunds on partially used bus passes. Should you lose your Stagecoach bus pass, it will cost £25 for a replacement, which can be purchased from Stagecoach.
How to buy your Stagecoach Bus Pass
You can buy your bus pass through Stagecoach at www.buymyunirider.com from 1st August 2019. For further information regarding bus timetables/zone map, please visit www.stagecoachbus.com.