National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
The RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is recognised throughout the UK and Ireland. On completion of the course you will be able to work as a pool lifeguard nationwide. The qualification is also a great stepping stone into a job in the leisure industry.
Our NPLQ courses are delivered over 38 hours in one week intensive courses and include the First Aid at Work and AED (defibrillator) qualifications. Monday – Friday you will learn the physical and theoretical sections of the course and be assessed on the Saturday. If successful you will be awarded a NPLQ qualification (level 2) valid for 2 years.
The qualification is internationally recognised and is incorporated on the Qualifications Framework at Level 2. The NPLQ is valid for 2 years from the date of issue and a further 20 hours of on-going training and competency assessment must be completed before a lifeguard can renew their qualification prior to the expiry of their existing award.
- Excellent starting point for a career in the leisure industry
- Opportunity for career progression, as most leisure managers start off as Pool Lifeguards
- Varied working hours
- Work within a team
- The NPLQ is recognised around the world, so potential to work and travel
- Great way for students to fund studies
- Learn essential life skills, including First Aid and CPR
Every candidate, prior to commencement of training for the NPLQ must:
- Be 16 years of age;
- Be able to meet the following basic fitness criteria:-
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water.
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool at its deepest point
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
Costs: Adult £220 Concession £200
Places can be booked by calling us on 01256 418301 or email us your completed booking form to [email protected]
For more information on the course we deliver and to watch a video of what it’s like to be a lifeguard, click here
Monday 23rd - Friday 27th October 2017